Panasonic Viera TC-P42U1
Released January, 2009
The Pros:Settings easy enough to adjust for an entry-level user. No lag with gaming consoles, good reponse. SD upconversion is smooth, doesn't look out of place compared to HD.
The Cons:Common issues with internal components failing. Brightness significantly decreased with HD signals. Ships with settings that look very dim, with color settings that are way off.
The Panasonic Viera TC-P42U1 is a 42" plasma HDTV that is a part of Panasonic's 2009 U1 Series of Plasma HDTVs. For more information, please see the Panasonic U1 Series of Plasma HDTVs report.
- Screen Size: 42" Class (41.6" diagonal)
- Display Resolution: 1080p
- Contrast Ratio Dynamic: Infinite Black/Over 2,000,000:1
- Contrast Ratio Native: 30,000:1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels): 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V): 0.480 x 0.480 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution: 900 lines or more
- Shades of Gradation: 5,120 equivalent
- Aspect Control: Normal, Just, Zoom, Full, H-fill
- Panel: G12 Progressive HD Plasma Display Panel
- Progressive Scan
- 24p Playback(2:3)
- Deep Color
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction
- Speakers: Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers: 2
- Audio Output: 20 W ( 10% THD )(6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
- Surround Sound
INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner
- SD Memory Card Slot (SDHC Compatible, JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input: 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI)
- Composite Video Input: 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input: 1
- Audio Input (for Video): 2 (1 side)
- Component Video Inputs (Y, PB, PR): 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video): 2
- Digital Audio Output: 1
- VIERA Link
- VIERA Tools
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention)
- Menu Languages: English/Spanish/French
- V-Chip Program Lockout
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder
- Video Input Label
- Video Picture Memory
- Remote Control: IR
- Power Supply: AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption: 293 W
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.3 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption: 142 W
- Energy Star
- Receiving System: ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature: 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard: UL6500/C-UL
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket: TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand: 28.0" x 40.6" x 12.9"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand: 26.1" x 40.6" x 4.2"
- Weight (lbs.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
- ) w/Stand: 59.6 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand: 55.2 lbs
- Carton Dimensions: 30.4" x 45.6" x 11.2"
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p)
- EDTV Display Capability (480p)
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)]: 72.8 lbs. (33.0 kg)
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive
User Reviews (2)
settings easy enough to adjust for an entry-level user
no lag with gaming consoles, good reponse
SD upconversion is smooth, doesn't look out of place compared to HD
common issues with internal components failing
brightness significantly decreased with HD signals
ships with settings that look very dim, with color settings that are way off
no anti-glare, screen reflects light like a mirror
You may also like...