Panasonic Viera TC-P46U1
Released January, 2009
The Pros:Affordable price. Good size. All the positive aspects of plasma technology - high contrast, quality blacks, etc..
The Cons:Not as good a value as the S1 series (1080 lines of moving resolution, NeoPDP panel). Only 900 lines of moving resolution. Uses last generation panels - not NeoPDP.
The Panasonic Viera TC-P46U1 is a 46" plasma HDTV that is a part of Panasonic's 2009 U1 Series of Plasma HDTVs. For more information, please see the Panasonic U1 Series of Plasma HDTVs report.
- Screen Size: 46" Class (46.0" diagonal)
- Display Resolution: 1080p
- Contrast Ratio (Dynamic): Infinite Black/Over 2,000,000:1
- Contrast Ratio (Native): 30,000:1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels): 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V): 0.531 x 0.531 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution: 900 lines or more
- Shades of Gradation: 5,120 equivalent
- Aspect Control: Normal, Just, Zoom, Full, H-fill
- Panel: G12 Progressive HD Plasma Display Panel
- Progressive Scan
- 24p Playback(2:3)
- Deep Color
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction
- Speakers: Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers: 2
- Audio Output: 20 W ( 10% THD ) (6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
- Surround Sound
INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner
- SD Memory Card Slot (SDHC Compatible, JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input: 3 (1 side)
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI)
- Composite Video Input: 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input: 1
- Audio Input (for Video): 2 (1 side)
- Component Video Inputs (Y, PB, PR): 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video): 2
- Digital Audio Output: 1
- VIERA Link
- VIERA Tools
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention)
- Menu Languages: English/Spanish/French
- V-Chip Program Lockout
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder
- Video Input Label
- Video Picture Memory
- Remote Control: IR
- Power Supply: AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption: 332 W
- Standby Power Consumption : 0.3 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption: 170 W
- Energy Star
- Receiving System: ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature: 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard: UL6500/C-UL
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket: TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand: 30.6" x 44.6" x 15.3"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand: 28.5" x 44.6" x 4.2"
- Weight (lbs.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
- ) w/Stand: 68.4 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand: 64.0 lbs
- Carton Dimensions: 32.8" x 49.5" x 11.2"
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p)
- EDTV Display Capability (480p)
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)]: 83.8 lbs. (38.0 kg)
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive
User Reviews (4)
all the positive aspects of plasma technology - high contrast, quality blacks, etc..
well known manufacturer of quality TVs
not as good a value as the S1 series (1080 lines of moving resolution, NeoPDP panel)
only 900 lines of moving resolution
uses last generation panels - not NeoPDP
all the negative aspects of plasma technology - high glare, burn in, etc..
You may also like...