Panasonic Viera TC-P50C1
Released January, 2009
The Pros:Good colour accuracy and viewing angles, contrast is excellent as with most plasma TVs. Wide range of in/outputs including HDMI, USB, component, SD card slot, and DLNA streaming.
The Cons:Wifi connectivity requires a pricey adapter. Limited number of web apps, NetFlix, Amazon, Pandora, hulu, most of these are paid apps. Media content playback issues from USB or SD card sources, content can be out of sync.
The Panasonic Viera TC-P50C1 is a 50" plasma HDTV that is a part of Panasonic's 2009 C1 Series of Plasma HDTVs. For more information, please see the Panasonic C1 Series of Plasma HDTVs report.
- Model Type: Plasma
- Screen Size: 50" Class (49.9" diagonal)
- Display Resolution: 720p
- Contrast Ratio (Dynamic): Infinite Black/Over 2,000,000:1
- Contrast Ratio (Native): 15,000:1
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels): 1,049,088 (1,366 x 768)
- Pixel Pitch (H x V): 0.810 x 0.810 mm
- Moving Picture Resolution: 720 lines or more
- Shades of Gradation: 4,096 equivalent
- Aspect Control: Normal, Just, Zoom, Full, H-fill
- Panel: G12 Progressive HD Plasma Display Panel
- Progressive Scan
- 24p Playback(2:3)
- Deep Color
- Motion Adaptive 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction
- Speakers: Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers: 2
- Audio Output: 20 W ( 10% THD )(6 ohms, 150 Hz - 16 kHz)
- Surround Sound
- Integrated ATSC Tuner
- VIERA Image Viewer (JPEG playback)
- HDMI Input: 2
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI)
- Composite Video Input: 2 (1 side)
- S-Video Input: 1
- Audio Input (for Video): 2 (1 side)
- Component Video Inputs (Y, PB, PR): 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video): 2
- Digital Audio Output: 1
- VIERA Link
- VIERA Tools
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention)
- V-Chip Program Lockout
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder
- Timers: Off
- Video Input Label
- Video Picture Memory
- Remote Control: IR
- Power Supply: AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Rated Power Consumption: 387 W
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.3 W
- On Mode Average Power Consumption: 210 W
- Energy Star
- Receiving System: ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature: 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C)
- Safety Standard: UL6500/C-UL
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket: TY-WK4P1RW
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand: 32.4" x 48.0" x 15.3"
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand: 30.3" x 48.0" x 15.3"
- Weight (lbs.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
- ) w/Stand: 79.4 lbs
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand: 75.0
- Carton Dimensions: 34.6" x 53.0" x 11.2"
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p)
- EDTV Display Capability (480p)
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive
- Trilingual Menu: (English/Spanish/French)
User Reviews (1)
Good colour accuracy and viewing angles, contrast is excellent as with most plasma TVs
Wide range of in/outputs including HDMI, USB, component, SD card slot, and DLNA streaming
Wifi connectivity requires a pricey adapter
Limited number of web apps, NetFlix, Amazon, Pandora, hulu, most of these are paid apps
Media content playback issues from USB or SD card sources, content can be out of sync
DLNA issues, does not connect to certain devices
USB ports does not provide enough power for external hard drives
You may also like...